Wednesday 18 February 2015

Post 18: Holidays our taking hold of me!

The holidays are definitely taking hold and tonight I have had a great deal of difficulty getting down to this.  Probably it's because I haven't been able to think in great earnest about teaching today, though I have spent part of the day preparing information on search engines and internet search techniques for my grade 11s.  I have a workshop with them next Wednesday and need to be set to go before I go back to school next Monday.

Yesterday, I briefly mapped out a lesson for introducing how to generate search terms with younger students.  I included a picture of a fruit and vegetable market that I would use in this class.  I went through hundreds to find that one but I'm still not convinced it's the right one.  Today I went in to Bury St. Edmond for lunch and discovered that the market was on and took some time to go round and take some photographs.  If you can't find what you want in a photograph database, go out and take your own!

So that's it for today!


No comments: