Saturday 14 August 2021

The Beginning

 This is a beginning even though I have been writing this blog since 2006.  I have decided to change the blog’s name as the one I gave it no longer applies and because I want to get back to writing on a regular basis and may find a different direction.  Simple as that!  Why Kit and Caboodle?  I saw it used as the name of a clothing company in the RHS magazine The Garden and thought that it fit perfectly what I wanted to write about…the whole kit and caboodle!  

And so to start, which often seems to be difficult for me to do unless I have an impetus or a good kick in the pants.  I seem to be poised on the brink of change and rather than letting myself go with the flow and not have a destination in mind, I want to think through what I am going to do when the next year is over and I move from working at the school I have been at for the last 23 year.  I will also be going from living with Naomi and her family to them moving into their own home and me living on my own for the first time since before I got married.  I don’t know which I find more challenging (or is that terrifying)…living alone or not having a large salary to count on each month!

  


No comments: